It abuts Twin Brooks.
Save Twin Brooks: 35 Scudder Ave., Hyannis
LMC Corporate is based in Texas. The Boston office of LMC is proposing to build an apartment complex on Twin Brooks Golf Course in Hyannis. The preliminary plans call for 312 apartments in 13 buildings plus a fitness center situated on the green space abutting Stewart’s Creek. Their drawings (see below) show only one access road that will open onto Scudder Avenue near the West End Rotary. The plan calls for parking for approximately 500 cars. This project would be the largest development on Cape Cod.
Preserving Open Space
Hyannis desperately needs more open space, not more development. Twin Brooks consists of 40 acres, and we strongly feel that this land should be preserved for conservation, recreation, education, community farming and cultural activities. We do not want it replaced with impermeable hard surface.
As residents of Cape Cod, we are concerned because:
• The proposed complex borders the fragile ecosystem of Stewart’s Creek Estuary Habitat, Joshua’s Creek and surrounding wetlands. The complex would also be located in flood zones.
• This area supports plant and animal life: diverse flora, fauna and avian habitat.
• This land also supports 40 acres of dark habitat.
• Open land protects our fragile Sole Source Aquifer, our drinking water.
• The project will greatly affect stormwater management and our sewer system.
• Increased traffic bottlenecks at West End Rotary and surrounding roads will create safety issues.
• This land is already zoned for single family housing, not a massive development.
• We want to preserve the character of the village of Hyannis and Cape Cod.
For more up to date information, please visit our Resource page.
Aerial View of Twin Brooks and Stewarts Creek
Sunday, October 17, 2021 – Stop by to say hello at the entrance to the Village Green on Main Street to sign our petition and learn more.
Annual Meeting – To be Announced
People are Talking
Cape Cod Times Editorials
October 15, 2021 – Twin Brooks apartment proposal decision a pivotal moment, Lawrence Brown, Columnist, Cape Cod Times
October 10, 2021 – Alternative plans for Twin Brooks property should be considered, Betty C. Ludtke, Hyannisport
Barnstable Patriot Editorials
October 13, 2010 – With 35 Scudder Ave. purchase, Barnstable can control its own destiny, Edward F. Maroney, Hyannis
September 27, 2021 – Barnstable could learn from Brewster, acquire 35 Scudder Ave., Felicia Penn, Hyannis
Do you want to stay informed or get involved, please let us know by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org